The Prophet (link)
by Kayo (2017-03-20 12:18:27)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I thought JVan launched The Prohet & Mikeybates last week. *
by irishhawk49  (2017-03-21 15:15:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great read and very informative. *
by cbo86  (2017-03-20 14:44:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Liked it very much.
by TWO  (2017-03-20 13:02:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks to you for your articles this year and every year.

You forgot part 6
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-03-20 12:47:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When prophetofdoom got launched the other night.

It was implied in the title *
by garbageplate  (2017-03-20 12:53:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that's what I thought this was going to be about *
by graNDfan  (2017-03-20 12:49:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Brey will probably second guess himself on this one.
by NDMike2001  (2017-03-20 12:44:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First, let me say that he's earned the right to make some bad decisions if that is in fact what happened. Obviously we'll never know.

But that being said, it really becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy if you choose to live an die with your seniors.

Clearly Brey made the conscious decision to try and let VJ play through his slump. He actually played more minutes than Vasturia. Gibbs probably played a couple minutes more than his average and Geben had a decent contribution of 10 minutes. Those came at the expense of Pflueger.

In his last several games Matt Ryan probably deserved more of a chance to contribute. He was given first half minutes and played well. Then he was relegated to the bench. Whatever defensive liabilities he had, I think this team needed another shooter more against WVA.

I have a feeling that Brey will reflect on what happened to this group and come back with a different mindset next time. That being said, as hard as the roster management was this year, I have a feeling that next year will be even worse. Hopefully that is a good problem to have.

I'll say this of Beacham's final game.
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-03-20 13:42:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While his results were pretty rough, he was consistently getting open for his shots. I don't know that that had typically been the case in his serious slump period earlier in the season. He would seem to just disappear, or force up bad shots. It's a lot harder to take out a guy who has a good shot that just isn't going, than to take out a guy who has disappeared entirely.

That said, Matt Ryan absolutely could have helped out some more on the court. He seemed to be a lot more comfortable driving in if he was run off the 3 point line. That's a skill-set that should help him substantially. I'm thrilled about where we are as a program, because even as recently as five years ago, Ryan would have been a regular for extended minutes based solely on his shot. Now he's got to do more to see the court. That's real progress.

I hope so on Ryan
by bruuce  (2017-03-20 17:26:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While I don't expect we will ever be questioning the arc on Ryan's 3-pointers, I have been a bit surprised that his drives to the basket seem a bit labored. No one expects him to be Jerian Grant, but I'm hoping he sees some improvement getting push off one leg where necessary.

My gut says
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-03-20 12:53:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brey felt better about letting SV and VJ go down swinging than bench either with perhaps a better chance to win, but still losing and having to say "sorry I kept you from having your hands on the wheel at the end."

Not saying I agree, but I think he wanted to let them steer the ship wherever it took them.

And that is who Brey is. Trust the Seniors who've earned
by OITLinebacker  (2017-03-20 14:26:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a chance at it.

He praised WVU for having older players
by 206er  (2017-03-20 14:59:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Said it made them better.

Pretty sure that was a euphemism for physical play
by tdiddy07  (2017-03-20 17:12:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and toughness.

I'd like to see WVU and South Carolina play
by NDoggie78  (2017-03-20 18:17:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It would depend on how it was officiated - either all starters fouled out and a free throw contest OR a real bloodbath if whistles were swallowed (as they were in our game)

I have no doubt that is the case.
by NDMike2001  (2017-03-20 13:04:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just think it's something he's going to reevaluate moving forward.

I would hope so, too.
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-03-20 13:14:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a sucky situation either way.

Nice recap
by garbageplate  (2017-03-20 12:42:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It always seemed anecdotally that Vasturia, Beachem and Farrell never played well simultaneously, and the statistics obviously bear that out even if you throw Farrell out of the equation.

Superb disclaimer *
by Odschool  (2017-03-20 12:30:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.