Thank you. Saved me the time.
by ndroman21 (2017-03-20 00:22:20)
Edited on 2017-03-20 00:27:40
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Duke's most recent basketball APR score is higher than ND's  posted by Kayo

Taking one and dones doesn't necessarily mean that you aren't educating them. Frankly, most of the one and dones who have played at Duke seem to be pretty solid kids. There's only a handful of Duke players who I wouldn't want at ND (Grayson Allen).

I don't think K likes the one and done concept himself. His greatest teams were made up of 3 and 4 year players. But he needs the talent to compete. I think he tries to make them better while he has them. I also think he's a far better person than most here want to believe.

I've told this story before, but when I was 9, my 12 year old brother was a huge Duke fan. Being 9, and worshipping my brother, I made him a basketball certificate on our Apple IIe that purported to be from Duke and Coach K. My mom found it and sent it to Duke. K personally signed it, added a handwritten note, and enclosed it with an autographed picture of the 1991 Duke team.

I don't love Duke, but I respect Coach K, and I dont think they're the program this board wishes they were.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.