Duke with 13 turnovers in the first half. Not pretty. *
by Beancounter (2017-03-19 21:55:42)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

These guys practically pee themselves...
by Naughman  (2017-03-19 23:11:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...when they don't get all the calls. Kennard should've fouled out 2 minutes ago on the first of two obvious Duke charges, yet he's incredulous when called for his fifth in what amounted to a rugby scrum.

Good riddance to these twats.

Yet still up 7 because South Carolina is junk *
by JBrock18  (2017-03-19 22:07:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not anymore. ACC down to 1 after the 1st weekend? *
by ndroman21  (2017-03-19 22:45:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How did a #7 seed merit two games so close to home? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-19 22:47:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do they usually intentionally ship teams away from home?
by ndroman21  (2017-03-19 22:50:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know that higher seeds are given preference, but I don't think they're trying to further weigh the scales lower in the bracket.

I could be mistaken.

They try to avoid putting high seeds in "road" games
by IrishMace  (2017-03-19 22:56:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Greenville is arguably close enough to Columbia to be a meaningful advantage for South Carolina, but it's also only four hours from Durham, so the committee probably didn't think much of it. And frankly, Duke is the last team who gets to complain about stuff like that.

Your last sentence overrides all other points on this *
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-03-19 23:05:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The games were moved to Greenville from Greensboro
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-19 22:56:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for political reasons. I wonder if dropping USC in this pod was the NCAA's version of the double-bird to the state of North Carolina.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.