One thing is certain, the officiating has been atrocious.
by DonMattingly (2017-03-19 20:20:03)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Way too many close games being decided by refs at the he end. No consistency.

It's awful when refs influence the outcome. It happens
by cj  (2017-03-19 22:47:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

way too often. This tournaments's greatest moment may have been stolen by "them". The NCAA was quick to issue a statement admitting the error... Northwestern got screwed....royally...

Arkansas robbed by horrible no call
by bruuce  (2017-03-19 22:06:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arkansas had their game against North Carolina stolen from them by an outrageous no call on an obvious charge in a tie game with seconds left. Meeks with a gift put back for the winning score. Arkansas should have had possession with the game tied and time for the winning score. Instead, North Carolina handed the game.

S. Hall called for Flagrant 1, no-call on Zags goaltending *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2017-03-20 10:47:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I couldn't believe the lack of a whistle on that play.
by milhouse  (2017-03-19 22:50:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It had to be either a blocking foul, a charge, or a travel. The one thing it wasn't was a non-call.

That was a block, but the missed 3 went off Meeks. *
by TripleDomer  (2017-03-19 22:08:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Could you clearly see the Arkansas player as it goes out?
by tdiddy07  (2017-03-20 10:03:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When I watched it live I couldn't tell if the ball hit out bounds before the Arkansas guy saved it or whether the Arkansas guy stepped out of bounds before knocking it off the Carolina player who was standing out of bounds. My recollection is that the view was blocked from the angle TV showed and I can't find it online. So I wonder if that's why it was deemed inconclusive. While the Carolina player clearly blocked the ball, I don't know if the rest of it was clear.

Agree, and UNC was up 1, not tied.
by ndroman21  (2017-03-19 22:52:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

AK should have gotten the ball back with 1 on the shot clock after the tipped 3, though. Not sure how that call stood.

Just fouled out Baylor's player on a bad block/charge call
by Carlos Huerta  (2017-03-19 22:01:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is a desperate need for a meeting where the basketball world decides that going forward there will be a lot more offensive fouls called on players jumping into an airborne defender and much less called when a defender on the floor jumps/slides/leans into an offensive player's path. It's an epidemic.

Motley got a gift early in the game (around 9:30 left).
by TripleDomer  (2017-03-19 22:04:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He clearly fouled in the backcourt (it would have been his 4th), but the ref swallowed his whistle. USC guard was off balance due to the foul and clearly dribbled out of bounds. The call: USC ball. Refs should call the call and quit worrying about the consequences.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.