Boeheim agrees to contract extension beyond 2017-2018
by ShermanOaksND (2017-03-19 19:02:41)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

per ESPN2 crawl. No details provided.

Lydon gone
by Ajax  (2017-03-20 15:46:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

along with 2 other starters and 2 former starters.

Right now he has 8 on SS for next season and 4 have never played in college and 2 of the other 4 do not appear to be any good.

JB will be shopping the grad transfer market hard.

The Who are working on their 9th farewell tour.... *
by Wolfetone  (2017-03-19 23:51:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Oh man
by shea  (2017-03-20 09:29:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I went to the first one - right after John died - right before 8th grade. I've been out of ND 6 years now.

The first farewell tour was long before that
by Tjnd88  (2017-03-20 17:53:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1982 !

Report says extension's thru 2021-22 season. *
by SB Jimbo  (2017-03-19 22:12:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His "retirement" announcement was like when a couple says
by Carlos Huerta  (2017-03-19 19:49:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they're engaged to be married and the wedding is 2+ years out.

Boeheim is the organ grinder; Univ President is the monkey *
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-03-19 19:57:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the HC in waiting - just took the UW job
by cujaysfan  (2017-03-19 19:20:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

boeheim ain't never gonna retire

Linked article says extension came because Hopkins left.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-19 19:25:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since the article says that Jumbo Jim *originally* planned to step down after the 2017-2018 season, that would seem to imply he'll be around at least two more years.

that's what i'd expect the local rag to say
by cujaysfan  (2017-03-19 19:41:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but - i'd sure wait one more year if i was guaranteed the 'cuse job which is at worst a full tier above UW - and possibly two

More likely explanation
by Kayo  (2017-03-19 19:56:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Boeheim wants someone else (McNamara?) to get the job, but it's too soon. If Hopkins gets the job, the next guy might not get the opportunity for years; so Boeheim was extended.

Informed of the new plan, Hopkins looked elsewhere.

I don't know any of this to be true, but it's a scenario that makes sense.

Wknd at Bernie's
by smotheredandcovered  (2017-03-19 20:18:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

JB is looking for folks who will just prop him up after he turns into a corpse, just throw some shade on those spectacles to cover his glossed-over beady eyes, and he's good to go. no problem for SU, that's about the level of coaching acumen it takes to trot out that 2-3 zone for the past 40 years

Bernie Fine's? *
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2017-03-19 22:32:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Boeheim does not want anyone else to be head coach *
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-03-19 19:59:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just like Hyman Roth - dying of same heart attack for 20 yrs *
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2017-03-19 22:36:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His Precious *
by Kayo  (2017-03-19 20:42:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree
by Groundhog  (2017-03-19 20:19:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Usually the situations happen in reverse where the current coach is shown the door, but Boeheim was able to pull the old switcheroo.

I hope someday Syracuse has a University of which
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-03-19 19:35:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the basketball program could be proud.

And a city
by vankelly  (2017-03-19 19:55:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Actually, I bet their fans like rundown cities in the middle of nowhere. It's what makes Syracuse, New York, "The Heart of New York."

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.