Regarding the programs we most resemble...
by IrishGeek (2017-03-19 15:52:35)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Random Thoughts-- End of the Season Edition  posted by Taxman

which you mentioned, they all are more committed to winning, systematically, be it recruiting, admissions flexibility, and facilities than ND, and they've all experienced greater success than ND in the last 10 years. Mike Brey has taken a Boston College caliber program and gotten us to the upper half of the ACC, which is a fantastic accomplishment. I wonder if you could stick him at Boston College (or perhaps a Georgia Tech or a Wake Forest) and turn them into what ND is now. We are a Mike Brey retirement and another John McCleod hire away from sliding back to being a Boston College.

I'd like to think we could be a Butler, Gonzaga, or Villanova type program, but I don't think even Mike Brey can accomplish that completely on his own given the pieces around him at Notre Dame.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.