ACC is overrated
by goldomer (2017-03-19 14:15:04)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

they have gotten their clocks cleaned in this tourney

Yes I recall your pre tourney posts saying that Louisville's
by Carlos Huerta  (2017-03-19 18:54:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wins over Wichita, Purdue , and Kentucky were fools gold.

I think that was me *
by JACC1203  (2017-03-19 20:15:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think too much is made of tournament success as
by chicos bail bonds  (2017-03-19 18:28:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

an indicator of conference strength. In a one game setting, as Taxman said a team can play out of its mind. Or a team can have a very favorable matchup. That being said, as painful as it is to admit I underestimated the Big Ten. As a whole, obviously s good percentage of their teams are advancing at this point. One or two advancing doesn't catch my attention but when you have 4 who have already won two games, it does start to become a bit of a trend. I'm not ready at all to pronounce the Big Ten as even close to being at the level of the ACC but they have shown well.

I also don't get into this conference rooting interest. I could care less how the ACC does. Maybe that's just the traditionalist in me of being an Independent. I've never understood why so many fans seem to take such great interest in rooting for their conference. At some point, don't you dislike some of those teams you regularly play against?

Didn't six ACC teams win their first game?
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-19 18:25:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Duke and UNC win, the Big Ten will have three teams in the Sweet 16 and the ACC will have two. Remind me of the last time a Big Ten team won it all (2000).

(Yes, FSU spit the bit and yes, I had Louisville getting to the finals.)

Again, an opponent played out of its mind
by Taxman  (2017-03-19 14:24:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What did Michigan shoot in the second half? 70%?

There is no excuse for UVa and FSU, but ND and UL got hot opponents. Of course, UL should have lost just for being so fucking stupid and uncoachable.

we can always hope for duke.....puke! *
by fourputtmd  (2017-03-19 17:25:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Miami got thrashed, too; ND, UVa, and FSU struggled...
by Scoop80  (2017-03-19 14:43:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in 1st round against Princeton, UNCW, and FGCU. It's been a tough 4 days for ACC BB.

Is the SEC underrated? They're 5-1 in the tournament
by Tubes  (2017-03-19 14:17:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Pac-12 teams are 6-0. There's no way that either of those 2 conferences are tougher than the ACC. Yes, teams from the ACC have performed poorly in the tournament so far, but don't over react to the results of one weekend.

Have you watched PAC12 hoops this year?
by Nihilist in Golf Pants  (2017-03-19 18:05:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think they are clearly the best conference, at least with regard to the top 3 teams

A lot of it. I'm not that impressed with any of the 3
by Tubes  (2017-03-19 18:32:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But even if I were, the rest of the conference is clearly well below the level of the ACC.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.