Next year's schedule and roster
by jonathanames (2017-03-19 13:51:38)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Random Thoughts-- End of the Season Edition  posted by Taxman

The nonconference schedule includes road games at Delaware, DePaul, and the Big 10/ACC challenge (my uneducated guess is OSU), three neutral site games in Maui, and the crossroads against Indiana. That should give Brey plenty of opportunities to tinker with the rotation prior to the conference slate in more difficult situations than our typically heavy home cupcake schedule allows. An added bonus should be a higher RPI with more road games and less home dregs.

I agree with your point that Geben isn't exactly the best fit along side Colson. If any of the Burns/Mooney/Ryan are able to take on that role, Colson becomes almost impossible to defend. Conversely, I actually think Geben could be a solid player in the right situation, I just don't see any minutes for him especially with Torres returning. I'm curious whether Brey will consider red shirting him to preserve a year of eligibility and have him available in 2018/2019 when the roster really looks devoid of front line depth.

Always look forward to Random Thoughts. Look forward to them next year.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.