I'm biased, but watching the ACC teams play the past few day
by Stonebreaker9 (2017-03-19 06:04:24)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

s, other than Duke and UNC, just looked worn out. Perhaps the conference was overrated, but I don't think so because we've seen these teams play much better.

I think the overachievers--like us--looked a bit gassed
by KevinPS  (2017-03-19 13:27:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

mentally. That happens when you have to put so much into winning every game. Now FSU, the problem there is that they have a bunch of great athletes but not many are good basketball players.

All that said, I agree with the posters below: No excuses. WVU played better and earned the win.

We had a whole week off just prior to tourney's. No excuse
by DonMattingly  (2017-03-19 10:29:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For us. We lost in ACC and NCAA because we (VJ) stopped hitting shots
SG

We played 5 games in 10 days.
by GreenManorite  (2017-03-19 11:31:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We looked tired. I'm more bummed about the Duke game then yesterday.

So did West Virginia. *
by Naughman  (2017-03-19 12:12:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes,you are biased
by nd67  (2017-03-19 08:29:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1. It's only one game,teams have bad games
2. FSU was overrated
3. Va can't score
4. ND is a 16-20 team
5. Everybody has conference tournaments
6. Teams being tired is a lame excuse
7. A lot of parity in College. basketball
& Anything can happen,see Zags vs NU
9. Shit happens
10.Other reasons I'm sure

I don't dispute that...
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-03-19 10:00:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just find it strange that after playing well for this season and conference postseason and playing well in the past two post seasons, most of the teams crapped out so quickly. I just think this year the grind of the conference schedule wore teams out. I definitely could be wrong, but that's what it look like to me. Again, not making excuses. Just my observation.

The big counter-argument
by tf86  (2017-03-19 09:01:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is that the ACC is playing worse than it would have played in a chalk bracket. No teams in the Sweet 16 yet, and only Louisville and the Bobsey twins remain.

We were VJ hitting an average 3% from ACC crown and S16. *
by DonMattingly  (2017-03-19 08:54:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.