Shitty officiating across the board today. *
by Giggity_Giggity (2017-03-18 22:20:51)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Gaels got screwed on the foul call
by GU82ND4ever  (2017-03-18 22:22:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should have been out of bounds off Zona.

True--a bad miss by the refs, but...
by Kbyrnes  (2017-03-18 22:26:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...a worse miss on a wide open look for 3 points.

A lot of head-scratching officiating today.

Gonzaga no-call on goaltend was the worst *
by GU82ND4ever  (2017-03-18 22:29:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

True, and Chris Collins reaction was well warrented
by spade  (2017-03-19 14:22:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He did cost his team 2 free throws that they couldn't give away, but his response to defend his team and players would make me want to play for him.

He may have lost 1 NCAA game, (debatable, NU could have lost it anyway) but he just garnered a lot of players that will want to play for him now, if I was a player, I would want my coach to have my team's back just like that. I thought his response was good. Would just calmly accepting what might be the worst blown call in this entire tournament have inspired his team? no, it would have demoralized his players.

Watch that moment and Collins' reaction be what inspires this Northwestern team to return to the NCAA next year.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.