Men’s swimming: 10th in NCAAs!!!
by montroy28 (2024-03-31 19:22:03)
Edited on 2024-03-31 19:22:56

Mega kudos to the men’s swimmers. First ever team top ten in NCAAs. What a fucking effort this team gave.

Chris Guiliano, a junior, simply destroyed several Notre Dame standards. Sophomore Tommy Janton and graduate student Abdelrahman Elaraby were also critical contributors to this placement.

A long, long damn time ago we dreamed of having a single swimmer at the NCAAs. For the team to finish in the top ten is mind blowing. Sincerest congratulations to Coach Lindauer and the men’s team on this simply stunning achievement!

Stunning achievement; good on them *
by IrishinSF  (2024-04-25 14:14:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is a remarkable achievement.
by MobileIrish  (2024-04-02 22:34:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What is the current scholarship picture for the team?

Are you asking about eligibility or numbers?
by NDoggie78  (2024-04-03 17:38:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NCAA allows 9.9 Swimming and Diving scholarships for men and 14 for women
As far as who has eligibility and may be returning - with Covid years, Portal and transfers …. I have no idea

Specifically whether ND fully funds the men’s program.
by MobileIrish  (2024-04-04 16:57:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the dark ages, there were limited scholarships available for men’s swimming at ND. Based on the recent results, I’m guessing that has changed.

Someone closer to the program might know
by NDoggie78  (2024-04-13 11:30:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The NCAA has the scholarship limits I mentioned and before NIL, I know benefits were partial scholarship money and possible help with admittance. I think there were merit/need based access to other non-athletic scholarship money
In the current Wild West days of NIL, I’m guessing there is money available especially at the big-time swimming schools. No idea if ND is able to compete with “funding” the swimmers?

Yes. A number of scolarships have been funded
by ODSCHOOL  (2024-04-16 20:28:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Over the past 55 years. The first was for 69/70. The firsst scholarship went to John Sherk. Under Denny Stark we did not have depth in coaching, and comprehensive access to facilities needed to compete with the big boys. Lindauer, the new coach, is recruiting better athletes and doung a great job in the transfer portal. The commitment to swimming has gone beyond the athletes.