ND Track Recruit sets national record (Link)
by Irisheye71 (2024-03-11 14:00:01)

ND track has a virtual feeder program coming from Butler High in Western Pa.
Drew Griffith will join sophomore C.J. Singleton next year.

"The old record of 8:39.15 was set in 2013 by Edward
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-03-12 10:47:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cheserek of St. Benedict (N.J.), who went on to become the most decorated distance runner in NCAA history. He ran at the University of Oregon and won 15 NCAA championships in cross country and indoor and outdoor track."

Not too shabby.

If he has an NCAA career like King Ches-ND is in for a treat
by Domerduck  (2024-03-12 21:04:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I loved watching King Ches in Eugeme. Congrats to this young man who made a great choice coming to ND. Can't wait to watch him next year.

The NJ high school writers called him the Gift from the Rift
by NJIrish04  (2024-03-13 10:43:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alluding to the Rift Valley in Kenya, which is where he came from before transferring to St. Benedict's. He was truly a remarkable talent. Must have been fun watching him in Eugene.

ND Distance Running Commits
by Sneem  (2024-03-12 07:14:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND has some strong men’s and women’s distance runners committed.

Impressive, but I had no idea that 2 miles was an event
by TWO  (2024-03-11 19:53:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought everything was 3k,5k,10k

In Pennsylvania . . .
by Irisheye71  (2024-03-15 14:14:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The "2-mile" event is actually 3,200 meters during the regular high school outdoor season. The "mile" is 1,600 meters. There is one big meet in Western Pennsylvania which runs every year in early May (the Baldwin Invitational) that actually does have a true 1-mile run.

Apparently, he also won the Foot Locker National XC meet
by MPG  (2024-03-11 19:48:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

earlier this year. I also noted that another ND recruit finished third in Griffith's two mile record setting race.

They'll be fun to watch for the next four years.