Question on US marathon trials on Saturday.
by G.K.Chesterton (2024-02-01 11:17:37)
Edited on 2024-02-01 16:42:12

Is anyone from ND involved? At first glance, I didn't see anyone listed in the NBC press release.

I enjoyed watching the races on Saturday
by trout  (2024-02-05 11:42:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The men's race was entertaining, particularly at the end as Conner Mantz and Clayton Young more or less finished in a tie. It seemed like Young yielded to Mantz allowing him to officially win. Both guys have met the Olympic standard (2:08:10) based on their Chicago Marathon times and are locked into the Paris Olympics this summer. The 3rd place runner, Leonard Korir has to wait and see if he makes it based on an incredibly complicated selection process I will not try to explain.

The women's race was a bit of a surprise as Fiona O'Keefe, in her Marathon debut, won by a pretty good margin (32 seconds) over the favorite and American record holder Emily Sisson.

7 Domers qualified
by nannywarth  (2024-02-01 17:18:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

7 Domers qualified for Olympic Trials Saturday morning (including seed place based on recent marathons). I know at least 5 are racing. Not sure on Anna.

Molly Seidel (5) (withdrew),
Susanna Sullivan (7),
Jackie Gaughan (18),
Kevin Salvano (21),
Anna Rohrer (40),
Molly Huddle (43),
Annie Hefferan (72)

Molly Seidel, the 2020 Olympic bronze medalist, withdrew
by socal_doubledomer74  (2024-02-01 13:40:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

due to injury.