Just analyzed the result. UO beats UM by .1 as the 5th
by Domerduck (2016-11-19 21:01:20)
Edited on 2016-11-19 21:01:55

In reply to: Nice Ducks National Champs beating Mich by 1 point  posted by Domerduck

scoring Duck (senior Maggie Schaedick) ran 20.38.1 and was 49 in team scores and the 5th scoring Wolverine (Junior Jamie Phelan) ran 20.38.2 and was #50 in team scores. They switch Michigan wins the national championship by 2. Wow!.

Found a nice article from Indiana on both NC races
by Domerduck  (2016-11-19 21:10:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It describes the record Duck finish as well as well as call Anna's result and Cheserek's miss to make history, falling to 3rd after 3 straight NCs. At least he didn't pass Pre, but both great Ducks.

Here's the pic of the 2 of them
by ErikND96  (2016-11-19 21:05:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Michigan girl actually moved up 36 slots over the final 1.3km (crazy), she just needed one more.

thx----incredible pic. Incredible competition. *
by Domerduck  (2016-11-19 21:11:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More pics and article on the "kamakazi" finish
by Domerduck  (2016-11-20 13:16:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Given ND's football loss I needed something to cheer me up and this race certainly did that and i still haven't got over it. My daughter ran D1 college cross country (WCC-St. Mary's College, captain of her team) so I know what these girls go through in these big meets. I loved that Molly Seidel was the NCAA champion last year and this year to have the Ducks winning by 1 point over Michigan was even more fun in combination with ND's Anna Rohrer's 3rd place finish.

Couldn't be more proud of my 2 alma maters.