Another VB sweep at Pitt. 25-19, 25-20, 25-21. Good
by Domerduck (2016-10-21 20:28:39)

serving and much finesse.

Glad these women are experiencing a resurgence, especially
by Indy77  (2016-10-22 14:14:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the seniors. They didn't deserve what took place their first 2 seasons.

Good candidate for conference coach of the year.

Question: Is this purely the result of coaching or have we
by KevinPS  (2016-10-24 18:01:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

also recruited better?

Coaching, coaching, coaching
by melanzana  (2016-10-24 19:44:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

McLaughlin has brought in only one class, and it was a small class because of top-heavy scholarship numbers. This turnaround is mostly coaching and bodes well for the future when McLaughlin has brought in more classes.

Thanks for the response and the insight. *
by KevinPS  (2016-11-01 13:57:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree completely, it is the coaching
by EMILT76  (2016-10-26 23:05:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The schemes both offensively and defensively are light years different and better than a few years ago. The decision making and execution improvements reflect the coaching as well.

In my limited ammount of viewing this team vs. past teams
by NDoggie78  (2016-10-27 09:49:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I also see fewer silly errors and maybe better conditioning. I don't think Debbie Brown was a bad coach, I just think we now have one of the best.

I do think the addition of Yeadon and Holt have been key.
by Domerduck  (2016-10-27 03:00:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Holt coming in as a transfer from Loyola I am sure is the coaches' doing as well as adding Yeadon from Washington State. She isn't a typical ND Vball player from the past and she now starts as a Freshman is getting lots of minutes, sometimes not subbing out at all during sets.

ND wins Sunday -- 3-0 over Virginia Tech
by FightingIrishRadio  (2016-10-23 18:30:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND is now 9-1 in the ACC and 18-4 overall.