This must be how other countries feel when they watch Phelps
by dakotadomer (2016-08-12 10:52:57)

That was simply unfair

Still very impressed with Molly...she was awesome and owns
by Domerduck  (2016-08-12 11:33:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the American record which may take a long time to break. Flanagan's Beijing time was the previous American record set 8 years ago over 9 seconds slower. With the speed and heat she held up in the fastest 10k race in women's history to get 6th. Considering this new wolrd record holder will run the 5k it was a good decision for Molly to focus on one race.

She beat her PR by almost 35 seconds which she set 2 years
by Domerduck  (2016-08-12 11:41:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ago in Palo Alto. Her 10k time in Eugene to win the Olympic Trials was almost 90 seconds slower (31.41.62).

She'll be the bronze medalist before the next Olympics *
by ErikND96  (2016-08-12 12:53:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I strongly suspect that you are right.
by billweber72  (2016-08-12 18:20:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was just too fast to be believed. Molly said, "These places may be mobile."

Also, there is plenty of evidence that PEDs are rampant among the Kenyans. I don't know about the Ethiopians.

Yesterday, some dumb-ass Kenyan coach showed up to submit a urine sample in place of one of his athletes, using that athlete's credentials, and got caught, thankfully. He was sent home, and I hope the athlete was disqualified.

Ethiopia is just as bad
by jclay  (2016-08-15 15:54:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ok, they do not have coaches attempting to pass as athletes

You may be right...she was 4th in 2015 at Worlds at the 10k.
by Domerduck  (2016-08-12 13:10:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still I wonder if she will start focusing on the marathons.

I should have been more clear: am saying 3 of the 5 ...
by ErikND96  (2016-08-12 13:17:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... that beat her get busted for drugs in the future... that race was like watching Ma's Army from the 90s all over again.

At least 3 of the 5 if not more. *
by Legacy  (2016-08-12 21:33:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well if they cheated I hope you are right. *
by Domerduck  (2016-08-12 19:52:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post