The Olympics doesn't allow entire continents to group up *
by SavageDragon (2016-08-06 10:39:59)

In reply to: Watch the Ryder Cup lately? *  posted by TCFC

This user did not provide content for this post

They need to in order to make the following sports better
by DakotaDomer  (2016-08-08 13:50:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Men's Basketball
Women's Basketball
Women's Gymnastics

Probably some others that we don't dominate like Table Tennis

The fact that the USA would probably win a team gold medal in golf is no reason not to have the event. There's several team events that are more one-sided.

Team North America would be one hellacious hockey team. *
by Fuzzy Patters  (2016-08-09 21:41:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Didn't they do North America vs Europe for NHL all-star?
by DakotaDomer  (2016-08-10 12:12:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I remember I had those teams on my NHL99 video game

Of course they don't
by TCFC  (2016-08-06 13:04:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My point was that American golfers haven't exactly excelled in team match play formats as of late.

The European teams may not be as strong when they're divided up by country, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the US would dominate a team format.

Perhaps, but, when the Ryder was USA vs. UK, the
by rick  (2016-08-06 22:25:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

matches became so one-sided that the format was changed.