Not before she runs in Eugene for the trials and Rio if she
by Domerduck (2016-06-12 12:13:31)

In reply to: Molly Huddle to run NYC Marathon (link)  posted by ewillND

qualifies. Hope she does well. She seems really committed to her craft.

As for other ND runners, it was too bad our other long distance ND Molly (Seidel) couldn't make it to Eugene this week to defend her NCAA championship. She beat Dominique Scott from South Africa/Arkansas last year who doubled this year winning the 5k and 10k leading Arkansa to the NC as a team. As an Oregon fan they needed to reduce those points as I was hoping Molly (and possibly Anna) could have had some above the Arkansas girls. Most likely Oregon lost when Cuncliffe got hurt in the 100 semis since they lost sure points in the 100 and 200. Oregon who won the NCAA indoor meet ended 2nd while ND ended 25th. This was a big drop off to the 5th they had in the indoor when they had big points from Molly aw well as Anna.

Hopefully Molly S come back to Eugene to compete in the trials like Molly Huddle. If not this year I'd lik to see here come back in the future as her performance last year at Hayward was an ND highlight to remember. For me having the Ducks sweep the team titles while ND won an individual title, 2015 was a memorable year. The way indoors went for Molly I thought we'd see a repeat of 2016 and maybe more like Scott's double, especially if Anna was running too. Not to be.....

Replies: