NCAA Fencing Championships Live coverage (link)
by irishnyer (2015-03-19 09:04:12)

This user did not provide content for this post

Women win two individual titles to raise us to tie for 2nd
by NDoggie78  (2015-03-23 09:02:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If they separate Mens & Womens we would have a title.
Congrats to Lee Kiefer and Francesca Russo.

Team finishes third. *
by indy77  (2015-03-23 20:45:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And one wonders when the ever present
by Nigeltufnel  (2015-03-24 10:54:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

proclaimation from Indy 77, MNG and Wolfetone to fire the coach is coming. I must have missed it somewhere in this thread.

This is the new coach's first season. Pack your sniping
by Indy77  (2015-03-24 11:06:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for later.

Pretty sure it's a barb directed at those mentioned *
by EMK64  (2015-03-25 15:52:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm still calling it tied for 2nd
by NDoggie78  (2015-03-24 10:16:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They went to "indicator points" tiebreaker (individual points scored for/against in each single bout)

Official Team Scores
Columbia/Barnard - 165 points
Penn State - 156 points
Notre Dame - 156 points

My tiebreaker would be individual champions. We win 2-1

Watched it on ESPN3, great ND team spirit...a few questions?
by Domerduck  (2015-03-23 12:30:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kiefer is taking off a year to train for the Olympics and go for gold. I guess she'll come back to graduate and have one more season to compete later, is that correct? As a Freshman is Russo doing the same thing or will she be with ND next year? I am assuming the folks posting here have some insight on the team so hope one of you can answer. I'll also check the ND websight.

By the way congrats to the team for another great year and showing up well for ND. They look like great ambassadors for our university.

Women making it close
by IrishForum  (2015-03-21 19:51:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I cannot tell how close. Does it finish on Saturday or Sunday?

Thanks for the update
by saintapollonia  (2015-03-20 23:10:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately I was unable to watch. Pretty cool that espn3 showed it live.
Hopefully, Lee Keifer snd the women will have a very strong showing.

One of my students came so close to a national title.
by SavageDragon  (2015-03-20 19:52:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jack Hudson dropped the Men's Epee final 15-11.

ND Men not doing so well
by NDoggie78  (2015-03-20 15:25:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

#8 right now, only one semifinalist - Ariel DeSmet - and he lost. The women will have to do something totally amazing to pull this out