I don't disagree with much of what you say
by NigelTufnel (2014-11-08 13:25:09)
Edited on 2014-11-10 18:27:43

In reply to: I appreciate your response and D99's as well ...  posted by CJC

There is a stronger case now for a change of direction in the VB program then there was for lacrosse 2-3 years ago. In that regard the order of events is surprising.

I do however take issue with a suggestion (and not saying you are suggesting this but others have hinted) that Coyne had the program poised for greatness as evidenced by her early success and final four appearance and that she just needed more time. She did do a good job bringing the program up to prominence from its inception but beyond that I think it was a program that was losing ground on the field at not an insignificant pace. The fact that no other olympic coach had been removed prior to that does not make the move an incorrect one. In the words of Jeremy Folley that which needs to be done eventually should be done immediately.

I don't think Swarbrick's move was incorrect even others think it may be been misguided and poorly handled and even if there were less deserving coaches that have been retained prior to and since then.