Board Ops thanks for taking soccer off this board
by domerduck (2014-09-16 23:56:39)

More focus for the rest of the sports and less noise from all the pro soccer posts.

Yes, thank you. *
by billweber72  (2014-10-25 11:12:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, now the page will turn over once a calendar ...
by Rocksteady74  (2014-09-17 11:45:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... quarter.

I don't mind that it is taken off, but the griping about the soccer posts strikes me a very lame. Folks can post about any ND Olympic sport they desire to discuss, but rarely do so.

Because the space was used talking Suarez' biting/Man U woes
by domerduck  (2014-09-17 13:07:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am a Portland Timbers fan which has great boards with active participation on all pro soccer. I also follow "Men in Blazers" which has incredible podcast/blogs on pro soccer and international team "futball". For me I wasn't spending the time on this board to talk/read ND Sports since it would get overwhelmed by the pro stuff. My proposal to the board ops was to separate pro soccer from ND Olympic sports. If ND Soccer was on this board as well as fencing, volleyball, track, CC, golf, tennis, swimming & diving, and rowing my guess this board would have had as big a following as the ND Lacrosse board. Those who want to talk pro soccer would have their place as well.

This solution was a reasonable compromise since I am sure ND pro soccer fans will pay attention to ND soccer when it's time (big games, NCAA's, some recruiting, coach changes, ND Alumni success etc.). Pro Soccer and international soccer is year round so people stay active. In the mean time the other sports will have a place to go to to talk/read about all the other great ND sports. Maybe the casual reader of the boards would learn Molly Huddle won a US National Championship which someone posted on July 17 or why a coach resigned. When the different NCAA championship's come around or big meets those who attend might give updates or have comments that go beyond the UND articles. There may be more inside knowledge or personal info. There are a lot of ND alumni and parents who care about the other sports even if they aren't as active as some of the soccer pro folks.

I appreciate that the NDNation folks made this change and I am looking forward to this filling out a little more on the other sports. People may find more space for their thoughts than before and be willing to post.

"Overwhelmed" is a bit excessive, isn't it?
by someguy  (2014-09-18 12:38:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do you really think folks were intimidated by the max 20 posts (not threads... posts) per week talking about pro/international soccer?

And there have been all of two threads since the ...
by Rocksteady74  (2014-09-18 17:08:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... split, this one and a T&F question. Some of us soccer fans would have read more about the other Olympic sports with a combined board than with a separate one. That said, it really shouldn't make a difference to any of us. I can go to the soccer board to discuss soccer, and probably will ignore this board. I go elsewhere for my running and T&F discussions.