Gunners-Bayern coming up, Gus Johnson as play-by-play...
by wiNDycityfan (2013-02-19 14:22:13)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Couldn't have picked a better week to get sick.

Will you also be sick on Tuesday, March 5 for RM vs. MU? *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2013-02-20 13:55:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a chance...
by wiNDycityfan  (2013-02-20 14:37:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll be working from home then.

listening to him on Sirius 94
by NDToronto  (2013-02-19 15:59:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is brutal. I have no idea what's going on in the game. I have no idea how Criqui gets picked on and this Krusty the Clown commentator gets a pass

Were you watching the game as well?
by NDBass  (2013-02-20 12:27:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like Gus just for the entertainment value. I can enjoy him while getting nothing from a PbP perspective when watching on TV. I can't imagine he's that great at PbP for soccer because he's new to it and it doesn't really lend itseld to his style. If you were just listening, I have no clue why you expected to know what was going on from TV PbP.

That being said, Criqui gets picked on now because he is awful. He does radio PbP like he's on TV. He did the ND/UConn women's bball game on TV and was absolutely horrendous in any context. He needs to retire.

Complete Agreeance
by jon-e-z  (2013-02-20 05:58:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I looked forward to Gus announcing when it was first announced...but he is terrible at calling the beautiful game. There are stretches during the games when his partner in the booth is wishing that Johnson would say something to be commented upon.

I muted the TV, plugged my computer into my sound system...
by baloo88  (2013-02-20 00:14:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And pushed buttons on this all game. I really enjoyed pressing "2 TIE 3 WIN" every time Arsenal had possession in the final 15 minutes.

spoiler
by baloo88  (2013-02-19 14:58:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It took only seven minutes for the inevitable to happen.

Spoiler
by fontoknow  (2013-02-19 15:15:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thomas Müller to go up 2 Nil.

Apparently
by Irishlawyer  (2013-02-19 15:28:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Usmanov is in attendance. I suspect he could find plenty of villagers to storm the gates.

Spoiler
by fontoknow  (2013-02-19 16:00:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Goal -- Podolski at the 55 minute mark.

Bayern had gone over 11 hours of play without giving up a goal.

Looks like Neuer
by alleghenyirish  (2013-02-19 20:19:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Forgot how to play for a second

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.