Penn St. beat a pretty tough Denver team, today, 15-12.
by Porpoiseboy (2013-02-17 15:21:10)
Edited on 2013-02-17 15:22:29
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Irish men's lacrosse is in for another good game next Sunday.

PSU HC Jeff Tambroni will elevate that program to a whole
by 53stackmonster  (2013-02-18 09:26:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

new level.

They could become a contender under him.

An announcer during yesterday's game...
by Porpoiseboy  (2013-02-18 10:52:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

said Tierney lost 5 out of 6 games to him while Tierney was back at Princeton and Tambroni was at Cornell. And Tambroni beat him, yesterday, again. He certainly seems like the real deal. Should be quite the contest for us, but let's hope we handle it well.

While Tierney stated he left Princeton to go to Denver
by steelhop  (2013-02-19 12:46:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to be closer to his family, build a new tradition, be the Hopkins of the West...I think deep down it was because he realize he wasn't going to be the top dawg in the Ivy League anymore. For 15 years, the Ivy league was essentially Princeton and then everyone else.

I really have no basis for saying this, but...
by Porpoiseboy  (2013-02-19 17:26:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

since I have been living here in Denver since 2009, I've actually seen quite a bit of Denver lacrosse. Tierney seems like a jackass on the sidelines to me. He reminds me a lot of Harbaugh. I've always wondered if he'd worn out his welcome at Princeton. I didn't follow him at all while he was there, I have never met him, nor have I heard anyone talk about him. His results, obviously, are unquestionable. But I was just wondering if he might have had a similar situation to Bobby Knight or not. Again, no basis whatsoever for wondering that, so it would be great to hear from anyone in the know.

Nope. You are exactly right with respect to his antics.
by steelhop  (2013-02-20 17:03:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no idea if they played a part in his leaving Princeton but he is not one of the most loved guys in the lax world.

Another rumor on Tierney was that when Tony Seaman was given his walking papers at Hopkins in the late 90's, Tierney was told not even to bother interviewing. Tierney was an assistant at Hopkins before taking the job at Princeton. Bob Scott (the former HC of Hopkins lacrosse for 20 years of so) hated him and his sideline antics, even though there was a big push by some big money Hopkins donors that wanted a return to glory and thought Tierney would be the man (he would be). It was about 10 years since Hopkins last NCAA title.

Thanks for the reply! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2013-02-20 17:20:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

PSU's goalie is going to keep them in every game
by flanner96  (2013-02-18 11:59:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's probably the 2nd best goalie in the country. I expect us to put up more than two goals this year though.

Who do you think is the #1 GK? *
by 53stackmonster  (2013-02-18 14:01:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kemp *
by flanner96  (2013-02-19 12:34:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was thinking you'd go there. I can't say I disagree. *
by 53stackmonster  (2013-02-19 15:22:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kempin' ain't easy! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2013-02-19 17:27:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Put that on t-shirt and I'd buy it. *
by flanner96  (2013-02-19 17:53:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.