MLax: Season Opener @ Duke: Early 2nd, ND up 4-0
by IrishMace (2013-02-16 13:31:02)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

ND apparently brought winter with them from South Bend. Yesterday was sunny and in the 60's; today it's snowing.

Was this game televised? Would have preferred watching
by Indy77  (2013-02-16 19:10:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

LAX than men's hoops.

I don't believe so. I checked my TV guide and UND.com...
by Tim Kelley  (2013-02-16 19:26:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

didn't list any TV coverage. I've linked a nice write-up on the game from that official site. They also list the first TV covered match on 3/ 16 at Denver U. I'll probably go to that.

Impressive win given this was Dukes 3rd game & our 1st. *
by Indy77  (2013-02-16 22:16:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Duke had to turn around and play again today
by flanner96  (2013-02-17 13:52:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beat Mercer 15-3. Is it just me or is that a really weird bit of scheduling?

Eh...I think Duke knew they could get their 2nd teamers some
by 53stackmonster  (2013-02-18 14:03:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

early season experience and still walk away with the W v. Mercer.

You're probably right about that.
by flanner96  (2013-02-19 12:35:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just curious that they didn't make it a Friday -Sunday thing and give their guys a day of rest.

Halftime. ND explodes for 6 in the 2nd, leads 8-1. (more)
by IrishMace  (2013-02-16 13:51:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND steadily built a 6-0 lead late into the 2nd. Duke finally got on the board with 39 seconds left, and ND promptly answered with two quick goals.

ND is dominating shots 23-7 (13-5 on goal).

Under 4 min to play. ND 12-5
by IrishMace  (2013-02-16 14:39:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Duke scored three straight in the 3rd, but ND answered with two to end the period plus the two more in the 4th.

ND tacks on another for good measure. ND wins 13-5!
by IrishMace  (2013-02-16 14:53:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good way to start the season for #3 ND. If not for the crappy weather, I'd have attended and spared myself having to watch the basketball team lose. Alas. Just looking at the stats:

The second half was much more even statistically. ND finished with 37 shots (21 on goal) to Duke's 29 (15 on goal). About the only thing ND did poorly was faceoffs, losing that 7-15 after being down only 5-6 at half.

The loss drops #6 Duke to 1-2 on the season, having previously lost to #9 Denver and beaten unranked Jacksonville.

Putting up 13 against Duke is an encouraging sign
by flanner96  (2013-02-16 16:30:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's tough to take too much away from one game, but if the offense is going to produce like that consistently, we are going to be really, really good.

Marlatt with 5 goals and the freshman wunderkind
by saltwaterfarm  (2013-02-16 17:00:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kavanaugh had 4 I think. Having those guys together for the next 2.8 years is going to make Corrigan a much better coach. Hope they stay healthy. (assuming Marlatt takes a fifth year )

Thanks For All of the Updates! *
by btsmom82  (2013-02-16 23:06:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.