You may not like him but he doesn't deserve this
by Irishlawyer (2013-02-06 11:20:15)
Edited on 2013-02-06 14:18:43
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I am continuously amazed at how open racism against footballers is in Europe.

Talk about a scene from an Italian restaurant!
by ndtiger  (2013-02-06 12:32:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It knows no bounds, people!!! *
by Porpoiseboy  (2013-02-06 12:37:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Link not working. I assume you're talking about Balotelli?
by Tex Francisco  (2013-02-06 12:19:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The open racism in European football would be unthinkable in US sports, at least the frequency with which it seems to occurr in Europe. I'm not sure if Americans are actually more tolerant or if we have just been trained to be more PC, but either way stuff like this just seems so odd.

Yes and Yes
by Irishlawyer  (2013-02-06 14:21:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I fixed the link - sorry.

And yes, it is about Balotelli.

Frankly, I don't see how self interest would not trump racial divides (not that it is a justification). Even if you took the most racist hater on the planet, I suspect he would root for Michael Jordan if he were a Bulls fan.

sounds like you're describing SEC football. *
by Tex Francisco  (2013-02-06 14:49:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.