Any suggestions for a place to watch today in Detroit? *
by Cbill219 (2013-02-06 08:37:06)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I think BEIN Sports is televising the game at 3:55 ET
by cbill219  (2013-02-06 11:22:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I get that station via comcast in Chicago, but will be in Detroit for work this afternoon. I'm struggling to find a spot that will be broadcasting via BEIN, satellite or anything else.

Or from an office?
by DakotaDomer  (2013-02-06 09:27:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why is the Mexico game on ESPN2 and the USA game isn't on?

To add to Cul Baire's comments:
by G.K.Chesterton  (2013-02-06 12:48:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ESPN signed a deal to show all of Mexico's qualifying games.

Home Team's Federation controls broadcast rights.
by Cul Baire  (2013-02-06 09:39:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With the exception of Mexico, all of our opponents in the Hex went with Al Jazeera, excuse me, BeIN Sports, over ESPN.

Road broadcast rights have always been interesting.
by Mr Wednesday  (2013-02-06 10:39:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Be glad we've got them on free TV that's available on a reasonable number of cable/satellite systems. In the past, the local rights-holder has sold them to CCTV outlets, meaning we go to a bar or we don't watch it at all.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.