What. A. Strike.
by SavageDragon (2012-11-14 11:36:54)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Bradley evens things up at 1 in the 74th minute off an Agudelo back-header. USA has controlled possession for 10 minutes or so (after playing poorly and probably should have been down far more than 1), and it certainly seemed a goal would come, but that was rather un-US-like in its style.

Here's said goal. [v]
by Porpoiseboy  (2012-11-14 14:55:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then, of course, the obligatory bs penalty.
by SavageDragon  (2012-11-14 11:43:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What, no red card to go with? Did the ref miss the memo on that one?

Everything that sucks about soccer right there...
by oggie  (2012-11-14 11:46:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know how these Russians can run down the field without falling over. They've dropped at the hint of contact all game.

I hate penalty kicks.

Another nice header back from a targetman.
by SavageDragon  (2012-11-14 11:54:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mix evens it up on a bit of a lucky play (why would the Russians leave him open by overplaying the wide man? Pack the box and the header back from Boyd wouldn't have mattered. That, plus an awkward deflection). But I'll take it.

Of course, they could have scored a minute earlier had not the Russian captain dived and simulated an injury when Jones had 2 men open in the box and had beaten his man. Typical soccer bullshit that ruins the game.

and that's what i like *
by oggie  (2012-11-14 11:52:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.