W Soccer NC 1 ND 0
by NOBBYDOMER (2012-09-03 10:24:51)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Very young ND team (12 Frosh 6 Soph) lost to NC with a goal in the 84th min. ND frosh, with #1 class, are very talented with great skill set. I think Waldrum has a great young goalie...6' tall and a volleyball player(I think) who has very good hands. Waldrum, perhaps because of young team, play very conservatively on offense. Offense seems to be limited to long passes and hopes that fwd's can outrun defense (which is tough against talented team).
Think this will be a very average year for us while young players develop.

Good news is the back end looks strong
by saltwaterfarm  (2012-09-03 20:20:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The really good Waldrum teams have been nearly bulletproof in the back. I watched the game and was very impressed with the young players in the back. Scofield, Naughton, Von Rueden and the others looked good. It looks like Elise H. has great potential. UNC had a lot of shots but they were not high quality chances. The notre dame offense was poor but I do expect it to be better when Laddish and Rocarro return. Crystal Thomas looks like a player.

Portland beat NC 1-0. ND goes to Portland Friday.
by KevinPS  (2012-09-03 15:51:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should be interesting.

Also playing without two of their best players, who are
by Tex Francisco  (2012-09-03 12:50:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with the U-20 national team.

I'm sure UNC is missing players too. *
by Mr Wednesday  (2012-09-03 15:20:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.