I follow WB, he gets ZERO time
by spade (2017-07-14 10:06:47)

In reply to: Does Johansson expect to play at WB?  posted by skip encarnacion

That's been the biggest complaint AJ has with WB and has asked for a trade. With Max Kruze back from injury, Aaron is a non-starter. Although with Gnabry moving to Bayern, if he stays with WB, he may have more starting time now.

WB has some magic mojo last season with him out of the lineup and they had the best comeback from bottom of the league (maybe in Bundeslinga history) so they had no reason to play him with their magic working.

Gnabry went to Bayern...then loaned to Hoffenheim
by wcnitz  (2017-07-14 10:58:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it was really nice to see WB pick up some steam last year and get far from relegation.

I have a soft spot for them (along with Koln and Nurnberg).

Makes sense, he wanted playing time, Bayern doesn't have any
by spade  (2017-07-18 15:02:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was surprised he moved from WB needing playing time and thinking he would get it at Bayern. Loaning him to Hoffenheim would be a good choice as Hoffenheim is also in good contention for Bundesliga

Yeah
by wcnitz  (2017-07-18 19:38:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's definitely a long-term acquisition for Bayern.

It is amazing how well they're stocking up for the future. Goretzka is coming next year as well - for free.