No thoughts on Morris' brace? Guzan's gaffe? *
by Irishlawyer (2017-07-13 14:54:01)

This user did not provide content for this post

They are what they are
by wcnitz  (2017-07-13 16:56:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is a shit competition with mostly B squads. I have little interest in it outside of watching some of these players who may actually have an impact next year.

Morris needs to do well just to make the WC squad.

Zardes? Don't care how nice that assist was, and how well he did in take-ons. The guy is awful in front of goal.

Does Johansson expect to play at WB?
by skip encarnacion  (2017-07-13 19:41:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would like to see him work his way back into this team. We need a striker with his type of skillset and experience in the mix.

I think Morris would be wise to get out of the MLS next season and grind in Europe like Bobby Wood has done.

I follow WB, he gets ZERO time
by spade  (2017-07-14 10:06:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's been the biggest complaint AJ has with WB and has asked for a trade. With Max Kruze back from injury, Aaron is a non-starter. Although with Gnabry moving to Bayern, if he stays with WB, he may have more starting time now.

WB has some magic mojo last season with him out of the lineup and they had the best comeback from bottom of the league (maybe in Bundeslinga history) so they had no reason to play him with their magic working.

Gnabry went to Bayern...then loaned to Hoffenheim
by wcnitz  (2017-07-14 10:58:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And it was really nice to see WB pick up some steam last year and get far from relegation.

I have a soft spot for them (along with Koln and Nurnberg).

Makes sense, he wanted playing time, Bayern doesn't have any
by spade  (2017-07-18 15:02:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was surprised he moved from WB needing playing time and thinking he would get it at Bayern. Loaning him to Hoffenheim would be a good choice as Hoffenheim is also in good contention for Bundesliga

Yeah
by wcnitz  (2017-07-18 19:38:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's definitely a long-term acquisition for Bayern.

It is amazing how well they're stocking up for the future. Goretzka is coming next year as well - for free.

I like Dwyer more. *
by NDMike2001  (2017-07-14 09:44:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has fallen off the face of the earth re: USMNT. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-07-13 23:02:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately, Guzan just doesn't have what it takes. *
by NDMike2001  (2017-07-13 15:01:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Re: younger talant in goal
by spade  (2017-07-14 10:08:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What happened to Bill Hamid? I'm guessing sitting at 11in the east doens't bode well for his prowess in goal.

I don't know that the second goal was on him.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-07-13 16:09:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Could it lack of familiarity on his part with the defenders who keep changing in front of him (and their lack of backline integrity as well)?

Let's face it - he's no Tim Howard. Tim Howard is still the guy until proven otherwise. I presume he will get trotted out for the knockout rounds.

It's not just the goals.
by NDMike2001  (2017-07-13 16:30:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He just seems shaky all across the board. They maybe should have had another goal when he came out too late to punch the ball away and the Martinque player headed it...only to be called offsides. But he wasn't. Guzan was lucky there.

And I'll never forget the time he was called for the hand ball for handling outside of the box. Sheesh.

Yes, Tim is the guy. I just don't know why we aren't seeing the next generation.

The curse of the familiar, but mediocre, player
by SixShutouts66  (2017-07-13 15:09:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've seen the same thing in other sports, when you have a fairly good player who's never going to compete well at the higher level you're striving to reach. You have players with higher ceilings, but you're not sure whether they're ready yet. So you keep playing the guy, and he doesn't hurt you most of the time. The US doesn't have enough talent on the pitch to get far with questionable GK.