If wcnitz isn't reffing, it isn't worth watching...
by graNDfan (2017-06-15 12:11:49)

In reply to: Thanks Rocksteady  posted by Sonofadomer

and I mean that..

Aww, thanks
by wcnitz  (2017-06-15 15:04:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Safety, professionalism and effort. Thems the goals.

You left off the main point.
by NDBass  (2017-06-16 12:59:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The game is about you, not the players.

Do you lecture younger refs...
by iudomer  (2017-06-16 10:48:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on rolling their socks to their knees instead of wearing them low?

I had probably the best ref in Fort Wayne 25 years ago telling me to roll my socks up during halftime of one game. Didn't even see him around, was like a 10 year old boys game and he approached us at halftime.

Any time I'd play he'd do our games and I'd yell at him and get yellows. Was quite funny, but ruined my tanning game that summer.

Proper socks should be worn
by wcnitz  (2017-06-16 11:10:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which means two or three stripe official socks folded down from below the knee. Trust me, I don't love the look either.

That said, I focus on game and player management when working with the young refs. Professionalism is demonstrated, not lectured on.

Yeah on professionalism...
by iudomer  (2017-06-16 11:56:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it helped, but I was just a punk teenager.

Always enjoyed refing games.