I still put poor odds on Qatar happening
by wcnitz (2017-06-12 15:52:00)

In reply to: The USSF should keep an eye on Navalny.  posted by skip encarnacion

FIFA is doing their best to contain that shitstorm, but at some point it is going to catch fire.

England, please. *
by skip encarnacion  (2017-06-12 16:58:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm curious as to why Australia hasn't been brought up.
by PaulM  (2017-06-13 06:05:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've never been a host, they routinely qualify on their own, the weather in Australia in June is lovely. I'm sure they have the infrastructure to host it with their sporting culture. Finally, that keeps the WC in Asia which seems to be important.

Maybe they just don't want it.

A lot of their stadiums are set up for rugby and Aussie Rule
by spade  (2017-06-14 12:42:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Many of their stadiums are very oval in shape which isn't conducive to football. A few of them are listed as "convertible" but not sure how easy that would be to manage.

But I would have to agree, Australia in June does sound nice. It would be similar to playing in northern Germany in June. Sydney is High 65 Low 55