Unfortunate sequence
by wiNDycityfan (2017-06-11 21:05:10)

Wood whiffed at point blank range and Ochoa gets it out quickly where an overmatched Beasley does nothing to cut off the advance.

Should've been at least 2-0.

P.S. The next great play I see from Guzan would be the first.

Do you think Beasley played because he knows Mexican League?
by spade  (2017-06-14 12:28:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was the only roster position player to actually win a meaningful game in Estadio Azteca (played for Puebla FC for a number of years).

Considering how much shock and awe is talked about playing at altitude, smog, fans etc, would actually walking away with a victory playing America show as a reason why he got the callup?

I just think Arena loves the guy, but this a thought considering he put a 35 year old dude to run around a field at 7,500 feet elevation.

Would Howard have saved that shot?
by vitadulcedospes  (2017-06-12 12:54:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It looked to me like Guzan was late in his reaction, or perhaps he was just leaning the wrong way.

2014 Howard saved just about everything.
by MobileIrish  (2017-06-12 15:20:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know about 2017 Tim Howard. Not sure why Arena went with Guzan in this game. Arena has made a lot of good moves so far, so I won't second guess this one.

Arena says it's the short rest.
by Mr Wednesday  (2017-06-12 17:46:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that he would have played Howard with another day or two off.

Yedlin paid the price for all the early Mexico fouls.
by NDBass  (2017-06-11 21:22:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure he thought fouling like crazy was going to go unpunished in this match. The ref showed him!

Beasley did reasonably well up until Vela cut inside.
by Mr Wednesday  (2017-06-11 21:07:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Might have liked him to stay a little closer there, there was a lot of space to shoot, but it also didn't help that nobody else closed it down either.

Somebody needed to help Beasley there.
by NDBass  (2017-06-11 21:07:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But he should've also closed down a bit more. I don't fault him as much as he's not really a left back.

Two guys followed Chicharito
by Irish01  (2017-06-12 21:28:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were overly sensitive to his runs behind the line that they left Beasley to chase.

Best bet for "somebody" is Cameron.
by Mr Wednesday  (2017-06-11 21:28:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only guy I saw running back who ended up close to the ball and wasn't marking anyone.

For the record, he more than made up for it in H2.
by Mr Wednesday  (2017-06-11 23:04:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seemed like every dangerous Mexico chance died on Cameron's foot.