That's one shirt I will not be buying anytime soon. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton (2017-05-26 16:18:02)

I have a problem with it being ugly
by wcnitz  (2017-05-30 08:27:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't have a problem with the intent.

There are ways to integrate a rainbow into a kit that won't make it fugly.

The uniform is really ugly
by Irish01  (2017-05-31 19:22:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree with you and HTown. It was a lazy effort and looks ridiculous. Just like our homophobic friend above, I'd never buy it, but I appreciate the intent especially given the negative biases that exist in sports.

Nike sucks when it comes to design of ...
by Rocksteady74  (2017-06-01 18:20:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... sports kit.

I'm not a fan of their running shoes either.

100% agreement
by wcnitz  (2017-06-02 10:28:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Adidas for life.

Agreed
by HTownND  (2017-05-30 11:23:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I haven't liked these kits from the get go, throw in the rainbow number, and it looks even more awful.

I have no problem with the intent, but it's slapping a rainbow on a generally shitty kit, making said shitty kit look worse, even if it is for a good cause.

Some of the below listed sure jumped to conclusions.
by Manorcal  (2017-05-28 13:54:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And every time American soccer culture can shake the stigma of being full of "trendy people" making poses against their social lessers, someone comes along trying to prove the stereotype true.

Here's a shirt just for you (link)
by melanzana  (2017-05-27 22:20:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hey, look at me, I'm homophobic!
by Irish01  (2017-05-26 23:47:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or just stupid. Take your pick

As opposed to what? "Hey, look at me! I have sex with
by KevinPS  (2017-05-31 14:59:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

people of my own sex"!

At the end of the day, that's the sole difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals. So, "Pride Month" is about people being proud of the gender of those with whom they have sex. Go ahead and attack me. My argument is unassailable. I am not.

I will await the USMNT shirt celebrating heterosexuality.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-05-28 22:37:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I am sure it will never happen.

Brilliant
by Irish01  (2017-05-29 20:59:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for clarifying for anyone giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Por que no los dos? *
by Wooderson  (2017-05-27 13:53:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stupid is as stupid does.
by NDMike2001  (2017-05-27 08:03:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bad comment, yes. But that's the kind of dialogue that is bound to happen when you use sports teams to make political/social statements. Splendid idea. Perhaps they should have them focus on playing better soccer.

I think we'll survive. *
by skip encarnacion  (2017-05-27 10:17:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The concepts are not mutually exclusive. *
by ndroman21  (2017-05-27 09:37:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post