Martin Atkinson doing his part.
by ndroman21 (2017-05-21 10:40:39)

In reply to: I was right.  posted by NDBass

It was certainly embellished, but I bet a penalty is given there 7 or 8 out of 10 times.

Naked eye - I thought it was a penalty *
by irishlaw2010  (2017-05-21 10:41:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nope
by Wcnitz  (2017-05-21 10:51:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He stopped going for the ball and initiated contact looking for the whistle. Excellent no call.

I think it's justifiable either way.
by ndroman21  (2017-05-21 10:56:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He still had position and one could argue that he wanted to shield the defender from the ball. He wasn't given a chance to get back to the ball because the defender took him down.

That being said, I agree that he lacked intent once he went clear.

Not a penalty, but could justifiably be called. *
by NDMike2001  (2017-05-21 12:34:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On replay, he was definitely looking for a call.
by ndroman21  (2017-05-21 10:48:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He cut in front of the defender and slowed down. But I'm not sure that changes the fact that the defender obliged and ran him over. Of course, nothing changes the fact that Martin Atkinson is a self-important douchebag.

And there's the goal for Liverpool just before half. Looks like it's Europa for Arsenal. I wonder if that's it for Wenger.

If there was a foul, I think it was outside the box.
by NDBass  (2017-05-21 10:50:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That being said, Liverpool have plenty of time to ass it up.

There was a grab outside the box, yes.
by ndroman21  (2017-05-21 10:52:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But he also ran him down inside the box. Like I said, I think it's probably given 8 out of 10.

I can't completely argue with the non-call given the lack of intent from the striker.