No need to duck
by wcnitz (2017-04-20 14:20:37)

In reply to: Mbappe sure has looked  posted by KnightlyRevue

...unless you're a Hungarian referee.

Then you'd better run.

Does he ref in the Hungarian league then?
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-04-20 14:54:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It should be obvious that refs from the top league should be in charge of the biggest games of the year. We don't have MAC refs do the national title game right?

I assume has to
by wcnitz  (2017-04-20 21:07:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most FAs have a rule around only citizens of that country can ref in that league, so to referee in the BL you'd need to be German or in the EPL you'd need to be British.

Just bring Clattenberg back for the big games. *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-04-21 09:15:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would be happy with that *
by wcnitz  (2017-04-21 10:18:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mike Dean is not impressed. (link)
by NDBass  (2017-04-21 14:00:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was an awful performance
by KnightlyRevue  (2017-04-20 14:26:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and awful is being nice. That poor bastard should never step foot in Germany again. The offsides were bad enough but the red for Vidal after how reckless Casemiro played was one of the greater injustices I have seen in UCL.

It is what it is
by wcnitz  (2017-04-20 14:30:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's 2017, though, and we should be beyond knowing that those calls would have gone differently in a neutral country or in Germany. I hate that aspect of it. These are supposed to be the best referees in the world.

It was certainly an odd tie, though - Real Madrid outplayed Bayern for most of the match in Munich, and the reverse happened for the first 90 in Madrid (despite no goals for Bayern in open play).

I do expect RM to win this weekend. They have been the better side between the two for months now.