I'm not getting the unlucky part...
by wiNDycityfan (2017-04-12 22:36:35)
Edited on 2017-04-12 22:43:42

In reply to: Sometimes, it's just not your day  posted by wcnitz

This match could've easily ended 5-1. After Javy was sent off, Real looked like Clubber Lang on Apollo Creed. And it's not like the two yellows weren't fair - Martinez was very dumb to reach into that second yellow. The damage he inflicted to his side was very reckless - today and next week.

On the other hand, I think Real's tactics were pretty solid today. They must have looked to get into just an away goal, and the floodgates broke open after Bayern went down to 10 men. After playing a conservative 1st half, they turned it up just enough at the start of the 2nd, and methodically worked their way into that goal. Once the blood was in the water, only Neuer could keep it this close.

So anyway, I think Bayern was in fact very lucky that they still have a shot next week. Of course, I don't think they would - with a pourous back line and Real's counter I don't think they'll be able to do it.

Lastly, why did Vidal take the penalty? Who do you expect to see alongside Boateng next week? Are Hummels and Kimmich injured? WTF was up with Muller today? Why is Alonso still playing?

My kingdom for a Bayern comeback next week.

Replies: