Sometimes, it's just not your day
by wcnitz (2017-04-12 16:38:35)

Today was definitely not Bayern's.

No Lewy, no luck, missed penalty (though it shouldn't have been given anyway). Real unfortunate red card and now possibly only one starting CB available for the second leg. Was nice hoping for the treble this year, but time to accept reality I think.

I hope both German sides fare a little better in their away legs.

Well, if Marco Reus is healthy for the second leg...
by baloo88  (2017-04-13 11:46:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know. Wishful thinking. But without Reus, I think BVB's chances of getting through are pretty slim.

Could have been worse...
by iudomer  (2017-04-13 08:27:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but for Neuer the Strong. When I played GK that wrist flickback he did on CR7 would have broken my wrist.

Who decided to let Vidal take that PK? Was downhill from there.

A puncher's chance in Madrid, I still like Bayern if Lewa can play.

RM fan; I think Bayern wins and beats Atleti for the title
by Irish2003  (2017-04-15 15:28:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As you said, Neuer had a miraculous game and Madrid could have easily put in 3-4-5 against a lesser goalie, but he kept them alive. I'm glad Ramos & Nacho avoided cards as we literally have no CB's left, although I think our luck runs out and Lewa will strike back and take Bayern through 2-0 at the Bernabeu. Atleti got a great draw against a middling Lester (sic), it was great seeing Barca get throttled by Juventus, and my money is on Bayern edging Atleti for the cup.

Well, Thomas doesn't take the kicks now
by wcnitz  (2017-04-13 08:43:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After his struggles last year - but I would actually prefer Franck in that situation.

Just read...
by iudomer  (2017-04-13 09:22:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Vidal was Juve's #1 guy on penalties, same for Chile. Bad form I guess, or ball don't lie.

I'd put Thomas as #10, put Thiago back with Vidal in holding. Might even play Costa instead of Ribery. Wing play just lacked pace yesterday.

No way on Costa over Ribery
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-04-14 00:31:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not only Ribery was the option all 1st half and the reason for all those corners taken, Costa didn't even tap the needle when he came on. Granted, Bayern couldn't get out, but Costa looked out of his depth.

Costa came on and looked like he didn't care one bit
by wcnitz  (2017-04-13 11:06:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Starting to think he's checked out.

Hey, Boateng is now injured...
by iudomer  (2017-04-14 11:17:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw him limping in the game
by wcnitz  (2017-04-14 12:33:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And thought we were really about to get screwed - because Javi was already off at that point. When nothing came out about it the next day, I figured it was fine. Guess not.

BTW, acc. to KHR
by wcnitz  (2017-04-13 09:10:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lewy is good to go for next week.

Hummels may be good to go - fingers crossed on that one.

I'm not getting the unlucky part...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-04-12 22:36:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This match could've easily ended 5-1. After Javy was sent off, Real looked like Clubber Lang on Apollo Creed. And it's not like the two yellows weren't fair - Martinez was very dumb to reach into that second yellow. The damage he inflicted to his side was very reckless - today and next week.

On the other hand, I think Real's tactics were pretty solid today. They must have looked to get into just an away goal, and the floodgates broke open after Bayern went down to 10 men. After playing a conservative 1st half, they turned it up just enough at the start of the 2nd, and methodically worked their way into that goal. Once the blood was in the water, only Neuer could keep it this close.

So anyway, I think Bayern was in fact very lucky that they still have a shot next week. Of course, I don't think they would - with a pourous back line and Real's counter I don't think they'll be able to do it.

Lastly, why did Vidal take the penalty? Who do you expect to see alongside Boateng next week? Are Hummels and Kimmich injured? WTF was up with Muller today? Why is Alonso still playing?

My kingdom for a Bayern comeback next week.

Lewy not being ready
by wcnitz  (2017-04-13 08:44:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was adamant that he would be, but I'm guessing Carlo is the one that said no. Totally different game yesterday if he's playing, because Thomas really, really struggles as a #9. He needs to be next to Lewandowski or behind him.

Oh and to answer your questions - Hummels screwed up his ankle in practice so he's out for now, Kimmich actually played striker after subbing for the injured Lewy against Dortmund, but he's no striker. This is something that KHR is going to get a lot of stick for - constantly saying there's no need for a backup to Lewandowski when they clearly need a capable second #9.

That Ronaldo guy could be good someday. Shows promise. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-04-12 17:24:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post