Lewandowski out against Real Madrid
by wcnitz (2017-04-12 09:58:37)

Can't play through the shoulder pain. Not good news at all.

I know they'll play Thomas up top, but my concern is Robben trying to do too much, not getting a result and Müller ends up not getting enough touches to be effective.

I was really thinking they had a legitimate shot at the treble this year, but I have big doubts now.

That...
by iudomer  (2017-04-12 15:13:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was a bullet Arturo!!!

Unfortunately so was his penalty
by wcnitz  (2017-04-12 15:49:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And not in the right direction.

Wasn't a good penalty call, though, so the football gods demanded justice.

That was dumb...
by iudomer  (2017-04-12 16:17:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Javy.

Crap...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-04-12 11:37:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was looking forward to the entirety of the German ground attack on Real.

Damnit...
by iudomer  (2017-04-12 10:13:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mueller can play along and interchange with Robbery more than Lewa, so they have that going for them. Pepe/Varrane both out gave me hope Lewa could get a Yellow out of Ramos for him to be out next match.

You Go We Go Thiago!

I'm still hoping
by wcnitz  (2017-04-12 10:21:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is just a rumor they have him in the 11 when they announce the lineup.

Thomas can Raumdeuter it up all day long if not - but it is going to require the right type of match from Robbery. Thiago can control the inner third but he can't force it to stay central. If those two are too selfish, they are going to have a hard time finding the net.

Raumdeuter makes runs that will help Robbery...
by iudomer  (2017-04-12 10:29:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

where these two can shine. Games where Robben plays hero ball with Lewa playing the 9 are so disjointed.

Will be interesting to see if Carlo tries to goat Zizou and hit them on counters. I doubt it, Bayern just possess the ball too much. Gameplan like BVB on Saturday probably works best.

They will never be dominated in possession at home
by wcnitz  (2017-04-12 10:46:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They control the midfield too well. I honestly can't remember the last time they were beaten possession even away from home.

Just have to hope RM takes a few risks and doesn't get super compact like most teams try to do when playing at the Allianz.