It's gonna be a long slog tonight.
by KeoughCharles05 (2017-03-28 20:18:57)

But, just like a hundred years ago, with persistence we'll be able to tear right through the middle of Panama. Hopefully we don't give this one away.

Middle, no...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-03-28 20:27:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Flanks. Left flank.

So, to get into it
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-03-28 20:32:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've seen differing views on this. Some advocate keeping what worked against Honduras and attacking right up the middle.

Others think we should abandon the middle and attack the flanks with speed, given Panama's stronger back line.

I'm no expert whatsoever on this stuff, so would be interested to hear why you think we should be forcing the issue on the left flank.

See my post below re: scouting report *
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-03-28 21:34:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Panama saw the Honduras match.
by baloo88  (2017-03-28 20:55:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We blew straight through the center of the Honduran midfield and defense. If they're smart, Panama pack that area of the field when we're in possession. Force us to play a bunch of crosses. The wings should be open. And aside from that, Panama are stronger through the middle than on the wings.

Correct *
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-03-28 21:35:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post