If you had to choose between Pogba and Kante right now
by miamioh_irishfan (2017-03-14 11:57:39)

Who would you pick as your starting midfielder?

I'll start, I think Kante is the better of the pair at the moment. His with Leicester last season, plus his role in igniting the Chelsea resurgence give him the nod. Pogba has been pedestrian in comparison.

Thiago *
by iudomer  (2017-03-15 08:14:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ding
by wcnitz  (2017-03-15 09:47:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Might be the most underrated player in all of Europe. He has been amazing (and I believe he has more takeaways per 90 than anyone in Europe right now).

Bayern will happily sell Alcantara...
by baloo88  (2017-03-15 13:17:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And use the proceeds to snake Weigl away from BVB.

I'll take Dembele...
by iudomer  (2017-03-15 13:42:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his buildup to Pulisic was really nice yesterday.

Dahoud/Weigl midfield should be really good for a long time.

Catalan article this morning...
by iudomer  (2017-03-15 10:41:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

talking about Barca buying him back. DOn't want him to go, but Pogba money if he wants to go.

Don't think he wants to go
by wcnitz  (2017-03-15 12:46:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He left because Barcelona wasn't making him the primary and Bayern did.

Outside of Kimmich and Costa, who both want more time, I don't see anyone on that squad possibly wanting to leave right now.

It really depends on the other 10.
by PaulM  (2017-03-15 03:13:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All else being equal, right now you have to go with Kante. If you're looking for right now and 5 years from now, I think you have to give the edge to Pogba. If you're managing Man U, it's a no brainer because Pogba is considered homegrown.

I'd take my chances with Pogba. *
by Skip Encarnacion  (2017-03-14 19:54:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kante, without a doubt. *
by NDBass  (2017-03-14 17:39:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is not even close
by IrishCavan  (2017-03-14 17:48:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Over the past 2 years, Kante has been the best player in the EPL. I think he's the best midfielder in Europe just because he does so many things well. Pogba has been a bust to this point. He's been nonexistent in their bigger games.

He's in the top 5 in Europe
by wcnitz  (2017-03-14 18:21:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Definitely not the best midfielder - there are others better on the ball that are almost as good without it. But definitely the best in the prem.

There are players better on the ball,
by IrishCavan  (2017-03-14 18:40:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I can't think of one who does what he does off the ball. He covers ground that no one else can. He's so different than other MF players it is probably unfair to compare them. If I were starting a team, there aren't many players at any position I would take over Kante.