Galaxy-Timbers are an embarrassment to MLS.
by KevinPS (2017-03-12 21:08:48)

Bad touches, bad tactics, gosh awful officiating. What a butt ugly display.

I enjoyed it. It's early in the season so both teams still
by Domerduck  (2017-03-12 23:15:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

need to click more consistently. Still it was a fast precise counter on the one goal with the long pass to Chara's header to Valeri and then he pass back to Chara for the goal. Plus the two late saves by Gleason were pretty good to preserve the victory for the Timbers. Plus the history of it all, 1st time Timbers win their 1st two in MLS ever and its been since 2001 since the Galaxy lost their 1st 2.

here is the video of that headed pass and goal
by plaid_pants  (2017-03-15 12:53:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This didn't get nominated for goal of the week either, but this is just beautiful.

There was a bit of thuggery and flopping around in this match. The referee did hand out yellow cards early, but he seemed to lose control anyway. It was an odd way for LA to come out and play a home game. They were playing without Jones, Zardes and dos Santos left early, but Portland were playing without Ridgewell and Vytas on the back line and are still starting the old and slow Olum at central defender. LA should have been all over that backline.

Portland started their 18 year-old home grown left fullback Marco Farfan. The kid didn't look like a rookie. Galaxy, instead of attacking Farfan's side, seemed to go after Alvas Powell who is an international for Jamaica. Powell ended up having a hard time with all the attention and was involved in a lot of fouls, but he did well enough.

All true. And I'll take the six points. *
by KevinPS  (2017-03-14 20:49:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have 6 points so I doubt they care
by alleghenyirish  (2017-03-12 21:48:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you're Van Damme how are you going into that challenge after just being booked?