Chicago Fire
by alleghenyirish (2017-03-12 06:12:54)

two games, undefeated. What a great feeling

Even with Schweini on the way, I'm not a believer yet
by plaid_pants  (2017-03-14 13:29:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have looked ordinary, but to be fair Colorado and DC United turned ordinary looking into 2nd and 4th place last season. There is something to be said for consistent competence.

Rumor mill is at it again saying Schweinsteiger to Chicago this summer. I am not a huge fan of that deal, but it would probably sell a bunch of shirts and probably wouldn't hurt anything they have going on right now.

The Schweni hyseteria is hilarious to me
by alleghenyirish  (2017-03-15 11:53:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm happy we are getting a big name that can sell shirts and also play well. But we are set at his position, his injury record scares me, and its not the be all end all solution to all the problems. I'd rather sign a young right winger from South America who would probably be cheaper.

This seems like a situation that has fallen to our lap after not happening in the winter and we might as well do it because its easier than scouting someone that would make the team better.

It is my understanding
by Irishlawyer  (2017-03-12 15:53:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That the league office has delivered a message to the club that sucking will not be tolerated the way it has been in the past.