That pen from Costa
by HTownND (2017-01-31 17:39:19)
Edited on 2017-01-31 17:50:13

In reply to: Mignolet a goat and a hero in the same day  posted by wcnitz

Was some weak sauce.

Huge save by Mignolet.

Given what went down in the rest of the PL, I'm pretty pleased.

We're top of the league....

(9 points clear heading into February isn't too shabby).

That said, I always forget the bet between irishted and Slainte. Is it HTH matches, or who ends up higher on the table?

What did I see on the Twitter verse about Mig using a video
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-01-31 22:10:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

board to help him on the penalty? Am I making sense?

By the way, when did Liverpool last win? During the Bush administration?

Are you talking about Tony Barrett's tweet?
by NDBass  (2017-01-31 23:19:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If so, I'm 99.99% sure he's taking the piss. Referring to Mignolet not even looking when Luiz took his shot.

Yes. The call was pretty damn weak.
by NDBass  (2017-01-31 20:35:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Had that been Suarez, people would be calling for him to be drawn and quartered.

Yeah
by HTownND  (2017-02-01 09:52:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It wasn't the most blatant pen I've ever seen, that said, sticking your leg in like that is asking for trouble.

Costa certainly embellished
by wcnitz  (2017-02-01 10:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it was a case of the embellishment not being needed. The knee to knee contact was there, in Costa's stride and path, and was a clear penalty.

Don't even get me started on the whole 'player feel like they need to go down to get a whistle' discussion. Fucking FIFA has been sitting on their hands for years not addressing the combination of advantage and what constitutes trifling fouls versus bad challenges.