Sounds like Costa might be on his way out at Chelsea.
by IrishCavan (2017-01-13 14:10:56)
Edited on 2017-01-13 14:21:07

It is being reported that he and Conte had a blow up and Conte has dropped him from the squad this weekend. Costa apparently hasn't trained since being offered 30 million a year from a Chinese club.

Fine by me
by HTownND  (2017-01-17 10:25:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While he's an amazing talent, the Chinese already gave us 60M for Oscar, another 80M+ for Costa is fine by me. I'm sure we can find a striker out there for that money.

Lots of smoke we're going to pay the full release clause for Morata.

If someone wants to pay stupid money for Costa, so be it.

That is pretty good business *
by mitquinn  (2017-01-17 13:12:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Another masterpiece by Jorge Mendez *
by mitquinn  (2017-01-13 16:15:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have absolutely no love for Costa or Chelsea
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-01-13 15:45:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But at some point (maybe this is it) PL clubs and other "giants" are going to have to match the Chinese money spigot by shelling out the cash themselves. They have all this money from TV rights the world over, why wouldn't they expect fees and wages to go up? The NBA is a decent, though not perfect, analogy.