This will be interesting
by HTownND (2017-01-04 15:20:13)
Edited on 2017-01-04 15:22:19

Atkinson has been letting them play, a lot.

We'll see if that changes as the match continues.

I'm fine with the physical play, but you cannot then switch at halftime or at some other time. If we're going to let them play for 20 minutes, they need to let them play the whole time.

Best thing about epl...keeping the title chase close *
by fourputtmd  (2017-01-04 16:38:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always 4 or so in the hunt... coys

I'm happy, mad, and sad.
by NDBass  (2017-01-04 16:45:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happy that Liverpool will gain a point in the table after their penaltypalooza.

Mad that they should've gained 3 points.

Sad that the inevitable kicking of my testicles into my chest is still looming.

They won't survive the loss of Mane.
by NDMike2001  (2017-01-04 20:20:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially without Ings.

A bid for Forsberg...
by iudomer  (2017-01-05 11:07:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from LawnballSport is happening from what I read.

It's all rubbish.
by NDMike2001  (2017-01-05 13:32:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Promes, Forsberg, Pulisic, Brandt...

I don't believe any of the tabloid gossip until I see a player holding up a jersey. And even then I'm skeptical!

Other than Pulisic, I wouldn't expect any player to be able to just jump right into Klopp's system to replace Mane. I think that we are looking at Sturridge, Origi, Coutinho, Firmino and perhaps Lallana occupying those top 3/4 forward positions. The timing of Henderson's injury is particularly problematic in that Lallana could have otherwise proven a reasonable solution (with Can, Henderson and Windaljum at mid). But I don't know that it works if they have to play Stewart or Lucas (if he stays).

At any rate, with Pulisic seeming highly improbable, I'd be any January signings are long-term prospects. So much so that I would't be at all surprised to see someone like Forsberg get loaned back.

Right there with you
by wcnitz  (2017-01-04 18:05:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Signed,
Closet Liverpool Supporter

Spoiler
by HTownND  (2017-01-04 16:13:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dele is on fire right now, two superb goals.

All credit to Tottenham

"We love you Spurs!"
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-01-04 18:24:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hugs and kisses,

Arsene, Jose, Pep, and Jurgen

Update
by HTownND  (2017-01-04 16:29:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All credit to Atkinson and crew. They let them play. Missed some calls both ways, but it was consistent. A rarity in the PL these days.

Atkinson called a great game
by wcnitz  (2017-01-04 17:13:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mike Dean, on the other hand, should be launched from a cannon. Preferably into orbit.

You'll love this then (link)
by santamonica  (2017-01-04 19:36:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His body language is just terrible
by wcnitz  (2017-01-04 23:33:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Case in point: he always faces a player confrontationally. Players will do this TO referees all the time, but the referee shouldn't approach a player that way. At least somewhat side to side, not face to face.

He also points with his index finger instead of an open hand. Constantly. Also bad. This is officiating 101 shit here, not rocket science.

He has this air about him that he doesn't really like the players one bit, which makes me wonder why he does it outside of the attention it brings him.

He's trying to out-Clattenburg Clattenburg *
by santamonica  (2017-01-05 08:05:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Clattenburg is arrogant and a bit of an attention whore, too
by wcnitz  (2017-01-05 09:40:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But his style when working with the players is completely flipped from Dean, and while he makes sure he looks good while managing the game, he does a better job of it.

The ending is pure magnificence. *
by NDBass  (2017-01-04 21:39:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post