You mean like this?
by ndroman21 (2016-12-21 17:56:53)
Edited on 2016-12-21 18:26:03

In reply to: On the first point  posted by HTownND

You have different standards for incidents involving your teams than you do for incidents involving their rivals.

Sure
by HTownND  (2016-12-22 10:37:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But there's a difference between a bang bang offside call and a missed foul call no?

Managers, including Arsene, always bitch about the latter. But the former, you don't see a ton of bitching about, because that tends to even out.

I think missed offsides calls can be even more important...
by ndroman21  (2016-12-22 12:30:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...as they often and, in this case, lead directly to goals. A foul call outside of the area leads to a goal what? 5% of the time? 10%?

The foul call can be just as controversial and bang/bang as an offsides call. I would think that most managers would bitch about either circumstance, but I rarely pay attention to managers' postgame comments, even Wenger's.

Edit: There was also a similar bang/bang offsides call against Arsenal in the 1st half. So part of the problem was that it didn't even out.