"...so I closed my eyes and hit it." Goal of the year? (link)
by G.K.Chesterton (2016-12-04 20:30:05)

Alert, but not tremendously skillful.
by PWK2  (2016-12-07 16:30:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is better, albeit not 2016.

Crazy talk.
by NDMike2001  (2016-12-08 16:31:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's luck involved no doubt. But it's what he was trying to do, and almost nearly impossible to replicate.

And Messi's goal was quite incredible too.

Absolutely.
by NDMike2001  (2016-12-05 09:46:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Skill and luck combined. I can't imagine we'll see anything better.

And terrible goalie play
by DakotaDomer  (2016-12-06 17:04:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So I think that disqualifies it

Allow me to retort...
by iudomer  (2016-12-05 10:06:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Definite bonus points for it being the goalie.
by NDMike2001  (2016-12-05 10:52:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But what separates the shots for me is the fact that the Chilean goal was taken one-touch from a ball coming another 60 yards out. It's not anything that is really practiced or something that I expect could be replicated.

While bicycle kicks are extremely skillful guys do practice them. The Baroka goal is an amazing piece of skill on a ball that was tee'd up for him. I thought Benteke's was similar, if not better last year (goalie notwithstanding).

agreed
by htownnd  (2016-12-05 14:00:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The skill needed to volley that ball (which I'm sure was "moving") and then get it on goal is something that's damn near impossible.

And I love me a good bicycle kick, but volleying a ball from the goalie back at him is something else. The ball last touched the ground at the edge of the penalty area when the goalie kicked it. It didn't touch the ground again until it hit inside the goal. That's crazy.

Not the same but I reminded of this well-known goal.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2016-12-05 21:48:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Carly sees yours and raises you a World Cup Final. :-) (link)
by NDMike2001  (2016-12-06 11:21:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Best goal I saw last year...
by Skip Encarnacion  (2016-12-07 12:45:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amarikwa's long range chip. From start to finish, this is incredible. 40 yard sprint with that chip at the end. Degree of difficulty through the roof.