Leave Brooks out of the next squad.
by baloo88 (2016-11-15 22:46:07)

He mailed it in today. Fucking terrible. At worst, he's the second most talented player on this team after Pulisic, but his bullshit effort tonight should see him out of the squad for the next couple of camps. Send a message.

He was simply awful.
by NDMike2001  (2016-11-16 07:02:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was directly responsible for 3 of the 4 goals, and missed the one real opportunity on an open header.

he might have been the first player to receive a negative
by ocdomer78  (2016-11-16 18:22:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

number on the 1-10 scale. Geez that was bad.

The whole squad mailed it in. Klins' tenure has run course *
by wiNDycityfan  (2016-11-15 22:52:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's going to be Bruce Arena.
by Skip Encarnacion  (2016-11-15 23:28:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Grant Wahl just threw his name out there, too.

Fucking fuck.

I hope not.
by PaulM  (2016-11-16 01:25:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I could see Paolo di Canio getting a clear shot at the job with our current presidential situation.

Why not?
by Mr Wednesday  (2016-11-16 14:25:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd prefer a different direction after the next World Cup, but what's wrong with Arena as a get-us-through emergency hire? The man can still coach.

I'm not a fan. While I agree that he might work as ....
by Rocksteady74  (2016-11-16 16:14:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

... a band aid, he strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldn't want it as a temporary assignment.

If that were the case, I would be opposed.
by Mr Wednesday  (2016-11-16 23:48:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm solely in favor of Arena as a through-Russia pick, with someone else taking over after that point.

WaPost also stating that Arena has been lined up, but
by G.K.Chesterton  (2016-11-16 00:18:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

whether they pull the trigger may be another thing. It's in Gulati's court.

The Washington Post’s Steven Goff says US Soccer lined up LA Galaxy coach Bruce Arena to help stop the bleeding should the Americans fall to Costa Rica, which they did in embarrassing fashion.

And Sports Illustrated’s Grant Wahl has a quote from Sunil Gulati which definitely leaves the future open for discussion, saying they’d talk with Klinsmann after thinking through the loss.

Finally, intrepid New York Times reporter Sam Borden said Gulati told him that the loss could’ve changed his feelings on the project, though the reporter still feels Klinsmann will stick around.

Just about everybody in the media is calling for his
by Skip Encarnacion  (2016-11-16 10:46:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

replacement. Wahl just buried him with a column this morning. He's usually pretty logical.

In the year of Brexit and Trump, we need to not take the Hex for granted. He needs to go right now.