Roberto Martinez was long-speculated, but he just joined BEL
by SavageDragon (2016-11-13 20:47:52)
Edited on 2016-11-13 20:53:29

In reply to: Who would be on the short list to replace Klinsmann? *  posted by G.K.Chesterton

Oscar Pareja of Dallas.
Peter Vermes of Sporting KC.
Marcelo Bielsa was one of the runners up to JK when he got the job, and is currently unemployed, but the circumstances around that (resigning 2 days after taking the Lazio spot and then suing the club) might preclude his candidacy.
I assume Hiddink is probably done at the top level at age 70, but as a late-in-the-cycle replacement, the US could do worse.

Steve Cherundolo certainly isn't ready yet, not having managed a senior side, but is on the longer-term radar.

Speaking of "late-in-the-cycle replacement"...
by Mr Wednesday  (2016-11-15 00:10:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And "the US could do worse"

Bruce Arena?

I wouldn't want him long term, but he might make sense as someone to come in as a short-timer and rescue qualification.

God no, lets not go backwards *
by alleghenyirish  (2016-11-15 20:45:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are few better options as a "get us through" pick.
by Mr Wednesday  (2016-11-15 21:36:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would certainly not advocate him for anything beyond that.

Hard not to be impressed with Pareja.
by skip encarnacion  (2016-11-13 22:37:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I actually think he'd be a pretty good choice.